Friday, October 12, 2007

7 things you never knew...

Lazo "tagged" me in order that I may give up seven random things about myself. This may be a bit self-indulgent, but today is Eid (celebration of the end of Ramadan), the party of all parties, so...cheers.

1. I hold the record for the mile (5:13) and the two-mile (11:06) at Carpinteria High School, since 2002. Yes, I was a runner (aka crazy person).

2. When I was six years old, I prayed and asked God for a little sister, and that's how Bethany happened.

3. I've climbed 6,000 steps to the top of Tai Shan, one of China's five holy mountains.

4. I prefer to sit on the floor, and eat with my fingers.

5. My favorite sound is made when the librarian opens a library book and stamps it with the due date. I love the smell of libraries too...of all books really. I loooove books.

6. I love to sing, especially when I feel awkward, or when I'm trying to memorize something in Arabic.

Actually, in fact, my life is a musical.

7. I genuinely enjoy doing the dishes...you can take the rest of the house. ;-)

Aight...time to pass this on, even though I dont think I even know three other people that read my blog...

Katie!!
Aubrey!!
Lisa!!

Haha.

7 comments:

KATEE said...

I totally identify with life being a musical!!! :)
And if you like to do dishes so much then why haven't we been roommates? That's like my least favorite thing to do EVER! Dries out my hands like crazy and I will be so thankful when I have a dishwasher again one day.
love you and I'll do this tonight...

bethany said...

i read it..

Becky Dellar said...

I love these 7 things!
Bekah...really miss you... :D know that you are being thought of, prayed for and Missed. You are not alone! The Lord is with you!! :) You are so awesome.

chris lazo said...

I read it.

#3
#4
#6
No one can tell your multi-cultural :)

By the way, I think the library book smell thing is rather profound, and unexpected. For your birthday, I will try to bottle it up, or request bath and body works to manufacture a library-book/stamp/closing fragrance for their hand soap.

bala7 said...

Katie-we will be roommates someday.

beth-sisters by chance, friends by choice :)

becky-you are such a crazy blessing!

lazo-if you bottled it up i would be forever grateful, but it must be from the library aka converted church in italy where indiana jones went with his fathers diary on the search for the holy grail.

Forsoothsayer said...

i concur most strongly on point 5. i have libraries for u in this country. auc's novels are...eh.

bala7 said...

ooohh yum. i'm intrigued...